I’ve been at this blogging thing for a while, and I keep forgetting that when you get new followers, sometimes they have a hard time finding a quick recap on what they’ve missed when you’ve got months and months of archives!
Welcome to my blog, folks, and here’s a little bit about me that you may find through reading old posts or my Twitter, but not what you’d find on my about page.
- I have an orange cat named Penny, and she thinks she’s the queen of the universe. I got her from Ken Cuccinelli. True story.
- I’m an INFJ.
- I’m the oldest of nine kids, and I was homeschooled K-12.
- I was born in California, moved to Virginia when I was 12 (we moved to join a cult), and I moved back to California last fall.
- I did the courtship thing and got married, but he ended things right before our second anniversary.
- Being an English major and my love of reading made me a feminist.
- I like to bake. And cook. And I like good company and good food. And coffee.
- I do a lot of things for fun and for work, but most of them involve books or art. I’m for hire as an editor, marketer, or development whiz kid.
- But what I really, really want to do is be a literary agent. Or just live in France and write novels.
- You can find me on Twitter and on Instagram! I like to talk about how much I love coffee and cheese sticks, and sometimes I tell stories about awkward social interactions. Most of the awkward may or may not be my fault. Usually I just yell at the patriarchy and link to things I find interesting.
Any other questions? What else do you want to know? I’m so happy you’re here and reading!
If you’re new or have been lurking for a while, I’d love to get to know you a bit better. Introduce yourself in the comments and tell me about your favorite book!